If you are extracting the package, I have discovered that WinRAR fails to extract with following message, even if I use root directory (i.e. C: or E:)
Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters The system cannot find the path specified.
7zip (64-bit version) on the other hand does successfully extract the package.
Please excuse this interruption in your normally scheduled program for this very important announcement. On March 11, 2015, hybris excitingly announced the launch of hybris Commerce Suite v5.5! Just a quick list of what was included in this release (but not an exhaustive list):
- WCMS Improvements
- Live Edit with true inline editing and drag and drop support for better WYSIWYG
- Preview and Live Edit within device simulators
- Sync down to component level within live edit
- Improved image management to handle full responsive storefront capability, this leads me to what I think is really exciting
- Full Responsive Storefront support!!!! 🙂
- New Analytics add-on for tracking of user click events in the site… (this is very interesting as with a past customer I worked with, we had very difficult time supporting Adobe Omniture heat mapping in hybris.)
- Data Hub now has a full featured UI built on NG Cockpit Framework
- and many many many more exciting features!
For a complete list, checkout the Release Notes on wiki.hybris.com. You can also checkout the 5.5 central page that provides links to documentation, videos and other great information. To download the bits, jump over to the Download Page.
I strongly recommend that you watch their Business Overview video found in the Release Notes page to get a quick glimpse of what is new (although from a technical point of view, it leaves out some significant changes such as OCC v2 is enabled and V1 is disabled by default). I wish I could embed the video here but the 5.5 video is not on youtube.com yet.
So what feature are you most excited about? Sound off in the comment section below!